Sunday, August 3, 2008

Oh Tragedies...

See, even I have once tempted fate, last year, when my dog died and then months later, the horse I cared about died, then months later the goat, and the the dog I had pledged that I had made a deal with someone that nothing else I cared about would die for awhile silly me... it was a foolish belief, but hey how do you get through some of the deaths. The fact that I was home for one week for Spring Break and the night before we left, Risky out of nowhere gets sick and has to be put down. The one night I was supposed to be taking care of a german shepard who was already sick, but not ready to die, suddenly in the morning goes down hill, only when I prayed to god not to let her suffer anymore, because I loved her. To watch something you care about and seemed so strong go down is the worst feeling in the world. Now I have no kids, so I don't know of the loss of children, I also have both parents and not too many people have died around me, yet I know that when you treat an animal as if it were part of your family it is heartbreaking... As the owner of the german shepard said "This is the worst part, but it is so worth it in the end" I couldn't help but think that this was supposed to bring us all together, the 4 of us, my sister, my friend Peggy her husband Jim and me. We all went through a hard time when I came to Montana but I go back every time I'm home. And now almost two months ago my sister and I were driving on a gravel road past Belgrade, going a way we don't usually go following a friends husband after their horses esaped and we got called to help, we were driving and we drove over this little grey thing in the road... it happened to be a very young kitten, one too young to be away from mom. Since the kitten was in middle of the road we decided we were goi ng to go back and move it if we could... however, it walked to me and fell asleep in my arms and I was taken... to this day she acts as if I am her mother, when having shots she climbs in my arms and cries to me... This is the beauty of tragedy not in a book... for every ending has a beginning... This kitten has become my child, I feel for her when I have to leave her and I love her with all my heart. To my animals make better people than people do, and despite this class, I believe nature is more beautiful than anything a human can do, because we are supposed to be nature as well.

No comments: