Sunday, July 13, 2008

Ah Poetry.

As I write my found poetry, I realize that already i'm making fun of myself, so I really look forward to reading to the class. Of course I was planning on spending much of my weekend memorizing the peom and starting to figure out the sonnet, however, as unplanned as anything can be, it turns out that my kitten has a big allergy to some vaccine they gave her, so I have spent most of the weekend nursing my kitten back to health. I realize people think that animals are animals, mine aren't, I've had this kitten most of her life, after my sister and I drove over her on the street, so I have figured out through this who I am going to write my sonnet too, my kitten, because she is practically my child and she views me as her mother. Okay yes, this is a lot about my animals, but oh well. I have also started to read Mister Pip and I really got into the book, so I'm already about 95 pages in. The book is very interesting especially since I just read they book they talk about in it. Anyways I suppose I should probably get working on school stuff.

"We were being pecked at-- the way a seabird will turn over a morsel of crab in it's beak" Mister Pip pg 96

I found this quote quite interesting with how visually interesting it is, for you can see the seabird turning over the crab. This quote is one of the reasons why I find this book so ver interesting for the details speak to me.

No comments: