Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Here is my sonnet, as I know I'm not the most excelent sonnet writer ever, I'm okay with it only being so good. After all I am just an Agriculture major and I do not think I will ever get talented with poetry.

Much as a horse in dreams you walk through night,
As the snow falls in the winter you came,
You stood out in the dark as stars are bright,
The moment your seen nothing is the same.

You’re the bright future in the shattered past,
The understanding it takes to make do,
One may never know how to make it last,
The wind will blow and the trees will fall too.

Your warm brown eyes are looking into mine,
And the world seems to stop spinning right here,
We have always waited to see a sign,
And now nothing has to add to the fear.

Now that our life’s paths have began to mix,
There is nothing in the world left to fix.

This sonnet is not perfect, but oh well after all right now I hve bigger concerns, such as will my foot heal after being crushed by a thousand two hundred pound animal. Anyway, I really enjoyed Mister Pip, dispite the tragic ending, I cannot wait until we get out of poetry it is not my best subject. However, I need to go to see if I can ice my foot, as well as water a dozen plants.

No comments: